General Business Links
- School Net - Business SchoolNet helps to facilitate excellence in learning through electronic networking across Canada.
- Ontario Business Educators Association Presentation. Plenty of great suggestions on how the Internet can be used in business education.
- Today's Entrepreneur - presented by the Royal Bank of Canada.
- Enterprise Online
- Preparing a Business Plan - presented by Entreprenet.
- Business and Education Partnerships The Canadian Partnership Network, (CPN) is an informal group of practitioners of school-based business-education partnerships with representation from most provinces and the Yukon at this time.
- The Learning Partnership We nurture the growth of partnerships among schools, businesses and communities, devoted to constantly strengthening our publicly-funded school systems.
- Junior Achievement Canada Through partnerships with business, education and youth Junior Achievement brings business and economic education to thousands of young people in communities across Canada.
- Stephen Covey's Leadership Centre Stephen Covey, author of 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, presents this on-line leadership centre. Features include an interactive personal mission builder.
- Stellar Business - Worldwide EditionPractical Business Information.
- Internet Business 500 Guide to business on the web.
- Street Cents Online Produced by the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation, this program addresses issues related to youth and consumerism.
- CNN Financial Network Online financial magazine.
- CNN Markets Report Provides constant market updates and analyses.
- Toronto Stock Exchange Quotes
- The New York Stock Exchange The official web site of the NYSE is designed as an educational tool for investors, students and teachers.
- Entrepreneurs' Exchange Entrepreneurs' Exchange, Inc. is a student-run not-for-profit organization designed to foster entrepreneurship among MBA students at the Leonard N. Stern School of Business.
- Business Education on the Internet Biz/ed is a dedicated business and economics information gateway for students, teachers and lecturers.
- Heinemann Business Studies and Economics site For both Economics and Business Studies - information on useful resources and a wealth of regularly updated case studies.
- International Business Directory An incredible collection of international business related links.
- Yahoo's Business DirectoryAn excellent search engine created specifically for locating businesses on the web.
- Entrepreneur Magazine OnlineAn online magazine devoted to exploring business and entreneurship.
- The Law Connection.
- Access to Justice Network (ACJNet) opens doors to legislation, people and organizations, publications, databases and discussion forums on justice and legal issues.
- Insurance Institute of Canada: The Insurance Institute is the professional
education arm of the property and casualty insurance (P & C) industry in Canada.
- Insurance Canada - Consumer Information: Insurance Information for Consumers.
- The Better Business Bureau: The Better Business Bureau provides instant access to business and consumer alerts as well as helpful
- Consumers' Association of Canada
- Ontario Consumer Protection Act
- Consumer Connection: Presented by the Minister of Industry
- Canadian Contract Law Centre: Presented by the World Wide Legal Information Centre.
- The Greater Toronto Area Online
"GTA Online" promotes the advantages of the Greater Toronto Area internationally, provides businesses with site selection
and general business information, showcases current GTA company news on expansions, relocations and investments and
provides access to local and regional government business offices.
- Government of Canada Government of Canada's primary site, with links to other government departments and agencies.
- Statistics Canada Statistics Canada is the country's national statistical agency, with programs organized into three broad subject matter areas: demographic and social, socio-economic and economic.
- Canadian International Merchandise Trade Statistics
- Bank of Canada The Bank of Canada's primary responsibilities are set out in the Bank of Canada Act and can be grouped into four broad functions: monetary policy, bank notes, central banking services, debt management.
- Canada Labour Relations Board The original Canada Labour Relations Board (organized in 1948) was composed of members representing both management and labour appointed by the federal government to deal, on a part-time basis, with the orderly resolution of trade union representation disputes under the Industrial Relations and Disputes Investigation Act.
- Industry Canada The federal government's key department in charge of national economic issues.
- Department of Finance Canada The Department of Finance Canada is the federal department primarily responsible for providing the Government of Canada with analysis and advice on the broad economic and financial affairs of Canada.
Citing your resources
Return to main index